Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    So you feel that 'Black Flag' really IS better than AC III in a noticeable way? Because I've made my case with this before: AC III was an absolute chore to get through. I hated the game.

Oh, Black Flag is better than AC III in every conceivable way, and by a long, long, long, long margin. It's not just my favorite AC game, it's one of my favorite games ever. I have hardly ever gotten so much enjoyment out of one game, and haven't been so emotionally affected by a game's story since Red Dead and The Last of Us. I don't want to hype it too hard, but for me it was beyond stellar.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 13,894
    I would strongly recommend Black Flag. I had been following the series since the original game, but after the almighty letdown that was AC3 (which I never finished and perhaps 3 games in a row of the overrated Ezio), I was ready to give up. And I would have done, and I not been urged to give Black Flag a try, by someone online whom had felt the same was as I had. Despite it's limitations, I used to think that the original game was the best, but Black Flag changed all that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I would strongly recommend Black Black. I had been following the series since the original game, but after the almighty letdown that was AC3 (which I never finished and perhaps 3 games in a row of the overrated Ezio), I was ready to give up. And I would have done, and I not been urged to give Black Flag a try, by someone online whom had felt the same was as I had. Despite it's limitations, I used to think that the original game was the best, but Black Flag changed all that.

That must be some new DLC I never got an e-mail about. ;)

In all seriousness, with how often I see 'Black Flag' priced at $20 or below on the PS4, I'm bound to check it out at some point.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    New Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Trailer Released:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/15/new-star-wars-battlefront-gameplay-trailer-released/

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Words fail me. Words... Fail us all...

Just hurry up and come out!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The best from E3 so far:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    All through the Uncharted 4 demo, I had a big grin on my face. That will be the reason that I will be buying a PS4. Anything else will be a bonus.
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 591
    Hitman is back!

Ghost Recon looks EPIC!!!! :-O
    Hitman is back!

And there's another reason for me to buy a PS4. I'm not sure what to make of that trailer, but I hope the game play is more Hitman: Blood Money than Hitman: Absolution.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agent 47 is looking like Agent 007 without hair. ;)
    I am ridiculously excited about Hitman. Good excuse to get a PS4. And a new TV.
    The next Sherlock Holmes game from Frogwares, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter will be released next spring.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-20-sherlock-holmes-the-devils-daughter-announced-for-spring-2016

Having played the last two, and especially enjoying the last one, I can't wait for that. I hope that Frogwares carry over the multiple outcomes to each case from 'Crimes And Punishments'.
    So for $15/piece, 1080p versions of 'Grand Theft Auto III,' 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City,' and 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' are hitting PS4 tomorrow, with trophy support.

I is excite.
  • Damnit, I already bought GTA3 & Vice City on PS3... How do they look? Is it noticeably better?
    Damnit, I already bought GTA3 & Vice City on PS3... How do they look? Is it noticeably better?

All I've found are articles confirming all this (alongside the fact that they'll support Share Play and whatnot), but I can't find any gameplay footage at all, not even trophy lists. I can only assume the trophy list for the 'San Andreas' release on PS3 last week will be the same one on the PS4.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Holycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrap...

My reason for living until April has arrived! I got such chills watching that. I think this is going to be one of the hands-down best games ever made, on both a storytelling and technical level. NaughtyDog never disappoints.
    I can hear hear the next Sherlock Holmes, Uncharted 4, and Hitman games beckoning me to buy a PS4.
    Batman v. Superman and Daredevil season 2 back to back in March, Uncharted 4 in April. It's a good time to be alive.
    @MajorDSmythe, I had a blast with the 'Hitman' beta, you should definitely pick up a PS4. They're giving open beta access to all PS Plus members next week, actually. I need to get around to playing the 'Uncharted' Collection in full on the PS4 so I can grab 'Uncharted 4' once it's out and play it immediately.

Don't forget 'House of Cards' in a week or so, more 'Game of Thrones' in April as well. I'm so happy.
  • I recently played the Uncharted trilogy (it came with my PS4) and I wasn't that into 1 and 2, but I liked 3 a lot. I'll probably pick up the 4th one but not right away.
    (On a sidenote, you have no idea how happy it makes me that graphics have evolved to the point where videogame characters can actually have CURLY HAIR now. I know that's a stupid thing to be excited about, but I have curly hair and it's about time.)

@Creasy47- you finally got the play the Beta? I remember you said you had issues getting the code. I can still play it actually, I just can't connect to the server to unlock challenges.

Also, this came out this morning:
    Games are getting scary good now. I'm already a gaming addict, and this is only going to complicate things more.

@jackdagger, is that Troy Baker voicing who I assume is the main baddie in Hitman?

By the way, shout out to the rubber ducky.
  • @jackdagger, is that Troy Baker voicing who I assume is the main baddie in Hitman?

I don't know who that is, but none of the voice actors (except 47's) have been named yet. :-??
    jackdagger wrote: »
    @jackdagger, is that Troy Baker voicing who I assume is the main baddie in Hitman?

I don't know who that is, but none of the voice actors (except 47's) have been named yet. :-??

Interesting. The guy just sounded like Troy to my ears, and since he's in everything, I thought it was a safe guess. ;) I like that in this game it appears 47 is going up against someone much more equally matched to his abilities. Or so it seems...

I was disappointed by Absolution's baddies, so this could be a great return to form.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe, I had a blast with the 'Hitman' beta, you should definitely pick up a PS4. They're giving open beta access to all PS Plus members next week, actually. I need to get around to playing the 'Uncharted' Collection in full on the PS4 so I can grab 'Uncharted 4' once it's out and play it immediately.

Don't forget 'House of Cards' in a week or so, more 'Game of Thrones' in April as well. I'm so happy.

I will pick up a PS4 at some point. But because most of it's features I will never use (only play games, and watch DVDs/BRs), I am waiting for it's price to fall a little. But those 3 games, will be the first 3 PS4 games that i'll be buying.
    A trailer for Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter has been released...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/first-gameplay-trailer-for-new-sherlock-holmes-gam/1100-6438832/

That's didn't fire up my interest as much as I thought it would. And neither Holmes nor Watson look or sound like they did in previous games.
    @MajorDSmythe, I meant to post that the other day when I saw it, as I knew you (and I believe someone else) were a big fan of those games.
    The first bit of art has been leaked a few hours ahead of the 'Battlefield 5' world premiere, seemingly confirming a WWI/WWII setting:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/6/11607914/battlefield-1-leak-wwi-dice-ea-xbox-one-battlefield-5
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't wait for the days a Battlefield or CoD game doesn't need to be posted here.