Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    At last! I've always been a fan of these games. Does 'The Final Battle' mean it's the last one, or the last game to close this ongoing storyline?

All I can tell is that more will be revealed at GamesCom on July 25th. I doubt it's the last game in a series like this, but you never know. I'm sure that'll be revealed in a few weeks. The consoles it will be released on haven't even been decided yet, it seems.
    I've never been this excited to hear about a delay before: both 'Battlefield: Hardline' and 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' have been delayed. The one that excites me is 'Hardline,' because I'm a big Battlefield fan, and they finally realized that it's better to delay a game and work out the kinks from a beta than it is to release it in a broken mess, angering all of the fans:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=120896
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I've never been this excited to hear about a delay before: both 'Battlefield: Hardline' and 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' have been delayed. The one that excites me is 'Hardline,' because I'm a big Battlefield fan, and they finally realized that it's better to delay a game and work out the kinks from a beta than it is to release it in a broken mess, angering all of the fans:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=120896

Yeah, when I was younger I'd get super excited to get sequels for games now, now now, but as you grow up you realize just how meaningful delays can be when developers use their time wisely and truly make the best game they can.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, exactly, though I think EA's main concern with 'Hardline' is not releasing another 'Battlefield 4' which will merely push away all the loyal fans for good, so it's nice to see. Even Rockstar is always confirmed to delay their game by a few months, but I know when I line up to buy a Rockstar game - whether I'm blown away by it or not - it'll be money well spent and the game will most certainly do its job at wowing me and giving me an entertaining product to play around with.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, it makes sense. Nate Drake wouldn't work if he wasn't joking in his spare time. The story, just like usual, will probably be presented seriously with the occasional joke, and then the usual gameplay banter.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    For all you folks without PS4s or X1s, but still like to play the same damn game in a new historical period with a different interchangeable protagonist, Assassin's Creed Rogue is now confirmed for November (shocking).

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/assassins-creed-rogue-trailer-leaks-revealing-release-date

For any Resident Evil fans who enjoyed the 2002 Gamecube remake of the first game, it's coming to PS3, PS4, X360, X1, and PC in a remastered form early next year.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-for-ps4-xbox-one-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc

I know these are mobile links, I using my phone to do this.
  • I feel bad for Ubisoft because no matter how much they add and change (compare Black Flag to Unity), there will still be idiots complaining about about how it's the same game. Some people are never happy I guess. If AC is always the same game then Uncharted, GTA, pretty much every big franchise is the same game every time.

And interchangable protagonist?

Altair was a stoic Arabian guy who was born into the assassins. He was a cocky twat but learned to be humble, eventually becoming leader of the assassins.

Ezio was a charismatic Italian living a pretty carefree life, spending his days fighting in the street, banging his girlfriend and enjoying his family's wealth. Joined the assassins to avenge his dad and his brother but learnt that revenge won't solve everything and he matured into a wise old badass, becoming leader of the assassins.

Connor was an Indian who joined the assassins to protect his village. He was half English so he always felt like an outsider no matter where he was. Angry, whiney and not great with people. He fought in the Revolutionary war and slowly began to realise how hypocritical it all was (men who kept slaves fighting a war for freedom) torn between wanting to serve the assassins and wanting to reconcile with his Templar dad.

Edward was a Welsh pirate who got caught up in the assassin/Templar war by mistake. Rather than helping either of them he exploited them both, wanting to find the temple they were both looking for. But being a selfish dick who only cared about money had consequences and he lost a lot of the people he cared about, eventually he decided to join the assassins to make things right.

Now we have a French assassin who's apparently looking for redemption and an Irish assassin turned Templar.

But yeah all the protagonists are all interchangable, obviously.
    I just feel no separation between them anymore. Altair and Ezio felt like different people to me, but Connor onward (including that woman in Vita one that later got HD'd) have just felt the damn same, and these two new characters look to be continuing that trend.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Good news about AC:Rogue. Black Flag restored my interest in the series, and I don't plan of buying a PS4 until next year. I was beginning to think that this one had been cancelled, it had been so quiet.

As for the Resident Evil re-remake, shame it's a download, as I would have bought it. But why release it next year? The year after that, would make more sense.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I just feel no separation between them anymore. Altair and Ezio felt like different people to me, but Connor onward (including that woman in Vita one that later got HD'd) have just felt the damn same, and these two new characters look to be continuing that trend.

How have they felt the same at all? They're all completely different characters. Their nationalities are all different. They all look different. Their personalities and motivations are all different. The way they develop is different. They use different weapons and fight differently. Their hobbies and interests are different. Their personal/family lives are all different.

So if you think that the characters are interchangable then it's your problem not the games because they're all completely different in almost every way, you just can't seem to see it. And didn't you say before that you hadn't played the series since Revelations?
    I loved AC and AC2, hated AC3, and haven't played the newest one. Lost complete interest in the series, but I must say, 'Unity' is bringing back that excitement I felt during the AC/AC2 days.

How have they felt the same at all? They're all completely different characters. Their nationalities are all different. They all look different. Their personalities and motivations are all different. The way they develop is different. They use different weapons and fight differently. Their hobbies and interests are different. Their personal/family lives are all different.

So if you think that the characters are interchangable then it's your problem not the games because they're all completely different in almost every way, you just can't seem to see it. And didn't you say before that you hadn't played the series since Revelations?

I never said it wasn't my problem. I know that it is. Plus I said a long time ago that I hadn't played the series since Revelations, things change.
    Bad news if you're a Lara Croft fan and you only have a PC or Playstation.

The next Tomb Raider will be an XBOX ONE exclusive:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28754858
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    But for how long? ;)
    Well, poo. Guess I have to buy both new consoles. But as playstation supporter, I will buy PS4 first.
    Y'know MicroShaft pressed this exclusivity thing just to compete with Uncharted.
    So, Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima and filmmaker Guillermo del Toro are working together on the next Silent Hill game, known as Silent Hills. It will star The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/hideo-kojima-and-guillermo-del-toro-are-teaming-up-for-a-new-silent-hill
    @Agent007391, I played 'P.T.' yesterday and it was beyond frightening. That's how a horror game should be.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 7,854
    So it's good? Maybe there's hope for a Kojima-run Silent Hills (but that title is stupid) after all.

On a side note, this is the second Kojima-run game that has debuted under a fake name with a fake developer. What's his deal with that crap?
    So it's good? Maybe there's hope for a Kojima-run Silent Hills (but that title is stupid) after all.

I enjoyed it. It was eerie, tense, made me jump, made me confused, saw some stuff that reminded me of films like 'Eraserhead,' and the graphics were amazing. If you won't get a chance to play it, you should check out a walkthrough on YouTube. I didn't finish the demo, though. It was really dark out and I couldn't handle what was happening.

I think I will, actually. It sounds awesome.
    It was very cool, one of the best interactive teasers I've ever experienced. It did well with both a scary atmosphere and jump scares. It didn't solely focus on the latter, which would grow stale after a while.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 7,854
    From what I read, the effects and graphics of the teaser were toned down from what the final game will provide. The screenshots I've seen look fantastic, so, how much better will the final product look?!

Moderator: Profanity removed.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 12,837

Jesus. I thought they'd have a hard time topping Black Flag (my favourite game, I can't recommend it enough), but this one actually looks a million times better. Really, really can't wait for this. I think the Assassin's Creed games are the best games ever made and this one looks mind blowing. I've pre ordered it for Xbox One so I'll get one of them soon.

I like how Arnauds mentor straight up suggests that Arnaud sacrifice himself. He really doesn't mess about does he. Still a bit weirded out by the lack of French accents, especially since they've been so good with accents in previous games, but the rest of the game looks awesome enough for me to forgive it.

I love how open the missions look. And I love how if you run in like an idiot then you'll quickly be killed. So the game actually rewards players for being stealthy and thinking things through, which is cool.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited August 2014 Posts: 1,257
    Looks like DayZ will be coming out on the PS4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/day-z-coming-to-playstation-4

dayz-standalone-on-ps4.jpg
  • There's some Assassin's Creed Rogue gameplay up on the Youtube channel.

Looks pretty good. Seems very similar to Black Flag but taking over assassin hideouts looks fun, they've improved the naval stuff even more and there are some cool new weapons and gadgets.

I just can't muster up much excitement for it though after seeing Unity. I'll buy it at some point but it's going to be hard playing Rogue after I've played Unity because it just seems like such a massive leap forward.

Oh, and I know most members here have playstations and hate xbox, so I'm probably wasting my breath here, but if anybody else has an xbox 360 then Dishonoured is free to all xbox live members (they give away a game every month now, which is nice of them). It's really good, if you haven't played it then you're missing out.

Two games, actually. Which they did in response to Sony's PlayStation Plus service doing it first.
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, is that game any fun? I've watched a hefty bit of gameplay and it looks terribly boring to me.
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 2,107
    Just read from the front page; Rockstar North's Agent cancelled?!