Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved QoS - that was very enjoyable, simplistic, and fun. Bloodstone was nothing special, Goldeneye Reloaded was trash, and 007 Legends looks to be following in the same footsteps.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I loved QoS - that was very enjoyable, simplistic, and fun.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Goodhead looks like Chiles. That's something, I gues.

Come back EA, you are forgiven for FRWL & GERA.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Okay, so we've already got one sh*ty movie in the game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    At least with EA we can get some 3rd person Bond games again. We got Bloodstone but that was hardly a best effort, and the thing that worries me about 007 Legends is just what films they are adding in and how any of it will be coherent. If I see FRWL I'll be angry, because I know that can't go down a good road, and Activision are a company that simply take too little time and effort on their games, so I am wary of the game's merits in that regard. Compare them with Rockstar, who fully develop their games and constantly deliver the best of the best, and Activision just don't stand up at all.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    EA made some really good games. Activision haven't made a Bond game I've enjoyed except Bloodstone. I'd love it for EA to come back and make another Bond game, maybe 3rd person with Battlefield graphics, instead of the crap we've been getting from Activision.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Come back EA, you are forgiven for ... GERA.

NO!!!! I don't care what Activision does to butcher the Bond name, EA can never be forgiven for Rogue Agent!
    I'd love it for EA to come back and make another Bond game, maybe 3rd person with Battlefield graphics, instead of the crap we've been getting from Activision.

So, instead of COD rip offs from the COD people themselves, you'd like COD rip offs from people who make COD rip offs? It doesn't matter who makes a Bond game, nowadays, thanks to COD's popularity, they'll always rip it off to make Bond games. There's but one developer who won't make a COD rip off, and that is Naughty Dog. Give them the Bond license, and we'll see quality games for the forseeable future.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Your forgetting one developer Agent007391....simply put Konami.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You are also forgetting Rockstar @Agent007391. They smash ND to pieces.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Konami making a Bond game could be very strange. I know her only by the football games.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Konami by the football games???? What?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'd love it for EA to come back and make another Bond game, maybe 3rd person with Battlefield graphics, instead of the crap we've been getting from Activision.

So, instead of COD rip offs from the COD people themselves, you'd like COD rip offs from people who make COD rip offs? It doesn't matter who makes a Bond game, nowadays, thanks to COD's popularity, they'll always rip it off to make Bond games. There's but one developer who won't make a COD rip off, and that is Naughty Dog. Give them the Bond license, and we'll see quality games for the forseeable future.

What have EA made that is a COD rip off? I'd like Rockstar to make a Bond game but it's not gonna happen, same with Naughty Dog, EA is the more realistic choice.
    Your forgetting one developer Agent007391....simply put Konami.

Much as I love Konami for Metal Gear, Silent Hill and Zone of the Enders,
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Konami making a Bond game could be very strange. I know her only by the football games.

and have never seen a football game from Konami. I can't see them doing a Bond game justice.
    You are also forgetting Rockstar @Agent007391. They smash ND to pieces.

Rockstar would, in more ways than you're going to assume I mean by saying this, f*ck Bond up. I mean this two ways in particular: 1) because games outside Rockstar's main series aren't exactly up to snuff; 2) because there'll be about a thousand f*cks shouted throughout the game, and if Sheriff JW Pepper isn't allowed to say f*ck, I don't think anybody else in Bond should be able to.

What have EA made that is a COD rip off?

Current Battlefield games. From what I've seen, the two most recent Medal of Honor games (the last one and the one yet to come). Like most game developers, they seem to believe that COD is the formula for great FPS.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

NO!!!! I don't care what Activision does to butcher the Bond name, EA can never be forgiven for Rogue Agent!

But they did make AUF, NF & EON. On the strength of those three, i'd forgive them for GERA.
    Current Battlefield games. From what I've seen, the two most recent Medal of Honor games (the last one and the one yet to come). Like most game developers, they seem to believe that COD is the formula for great FPS.

Never played Medal Of Honor so I can't say, but I don't think the current Battlefield games are COD rip offs at all. They have things COD doesn't have, like veichles, enviroment destruction, etc. Anyway, EA made good Bond games before and I think they could do again.

Never played Medal Of Honor so I can't say, but I don't think the current Battlefield games are COD rip offs at all. They have things COD doesn't have, like veichles, enviroment destruction, etc. Anyway, EA made good Bond games before and I think they could do again.

Vehicles and destructible environments aren't exactly a whole lot, and all of that was just added onto the COD rip off. And, yes, EA made good Bond games before, but lightning doesn't always strike twice.

But they did make AUF, NF & EON. On the strength of those three, i'd forgive them for GERA.

I wouldn't forgive Hideo Kojima, my favorite game developer, if he'd made Rogue Agent. You can't stack Rogue Agent up to anything and say that Rogue Agent is better.
    I actually didn't mind MoH, as it felt like QoS without a cover system: good, simple fun. Sure, it was a mixture of BF (DICE-run, and the graphics felt as such) with the quick style of CoD gameplay, but it was easy to play, had a loyal fan base, and was entertaining to pop in and play every now and then. To this day, I still do, and I might have to pick up Warfighter when it releases.

Granted, it wasn't $60 fun like QoS was, so I may wait for the reviews before picking up the new one.
    I wouldn't forgive Hideo Kojima, my favorite game developer, if he'd made Rogue Agent. You can't stack Rogue Agent up to anything and say that Rogue Agent is better.

I'm not saying that GERA is a good game as such. What i'm saying is that even though EA dropped the ball with GERA (and to a lesser degree FRWL), they still made 3 good Bond games with AUF, NF & EON. Activision in my experience, have been painfully average at best. With not one gem of a game in the four they've made. I say four, i'm counting both versions of the GE remake as two games.

I know that I shouldn't judge 007 Legends on the basis of one video, but first impressions count. And they're not good.

I'm not saying that GERA is a good game as such. What i'm saying is that even though EA dropped the ball with GERA (and to a lesser degree FRWL), they still made 3 good Bond games with AUF, NF & EON. Activision in my experience, have been painfully average at best. With not one gem of a game in the four they've made. I say four, i'm counting both versions of the GE remake as two games.

I know that I shouldn't judge 007 Legends on the basis of one video, but first impressions count. And they're not good.

Activision has made 5 (I'll not only count both versions of GE, I'll count the PS2 version of QoS, as well) solid games, that anybody could pick up and play with ease (well, GE2010Wii if you're using a Gamecube or Classic controller). GE2010Wii/ GE2010Reloaded and Blood Stone have had solid stories that, while Blood Stone can be a little hard to follow, at times, are actually enjoyable to watch after I've already beaten both games fifteen times apiece (and I'm not kidding, though I probably should be). I'm a little more critical of QoS, simply because that game gets pretty boring, even during the first playthrough.

Now, 007 Legends did not give a strong first impression, but if I based all of my opinions on my first impressions, I'm not sure I'd be playing games today. My first impressions of Black Ops II were "What the f*ck?! Who the f*ck put mechs in my simple first person shooter?!" My first impressions of Zone of the Enders were "Why is the demo of MGS2 coming with this sh*t?" and now I own the whole series. My first impressions of GoldenEye 007 on the N64 were "Why the f*ck doesn't this game have medkits?!?! Why do I need to keep grabbing armor?! This is sh*t!" My first impressions of Battleship: The Game (which I just saw for the first time by way of commercial while typing this post) was "Who the hell put the Predator in Battleship and why is there dry land?"

I put no stock into first impressions, because if we just focused on those, would we really like anything?

I'll even give you an opposite reaction. My first impressions of Goldfinger were "This movie's gonna be awesome! Classic Bond, Oddjob, Pussy Galore!" I saw the movie and I was like "What the hell was that?! He got sucked out a friggin' window?! Oddjob was electrocuted? Pussy Galore was a man-hating bitch?!" I so wanted to like Goldfinger, and it just up and disappointed me. Give 007 Legends a little more time (and hopefully four better movies than Moonraker), and maybe you'll end up excited about it.
    u guys never heard of the psx football games which contained Konami's names? Also, she did a lot of fighting games.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    u guys never heard of the psx football games which contained Konami's names? Also, she did a lot of fighting games.

She??
    X3MSonicX wrote:

She??

No, I've never seen football (and by this do you mean American football, or non-American football, known to us Americans as soccer?) games from Konami, and how is an entire video game developer female?
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    X3MSonicX wrote:

She??

No, I've never seen football (and by this do you mean American football, or non-American football, known to us Americans as soccer?) games from Konami, and how is an entire video game developer female?

Oh, yes... i meant Soccer. Sorry for this.

And let me explain that 'female' thing... Here, in Brazil, we got the gramatic gender rule. Here, a 'developer' stand as the word "desenvolvedora" and as this word ends with 'a', it makes it Female, so just as a habit, i made Konami became it as "she", of course, did it with no offenses up on her. Konami is a 'desenvolvedora' ;) so is She, for me. BUT i know that Konami's not a people, is considered as an object, so it should be 'it', but anyways. lol
    You should play Max Payne 3 @X3MSonicX. I wonder how you feel about how it is portrayed.
    You should play Max Payne 3 @X3MSonicX. I wonder how you feel about how it is portrayed.

Unfortunately i didn't played MP1 or MP2, but i now the basic story. I'll have to download and play both before seeing this new one.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

She??

Oh, yes... i meant Soccer. Sorry for this.

And let me explain that 'female' thing... Here, in Brazil, we got the gramatic gender rule. Here, a 'developer' stand as the word "desenvolvedora" and as this word ends with 'a', it makes it Female, so just as a habit, i made Konami became it as "she", of course, did it with no offenses up on her. Konami is a 'desenvolvedora' ;) so is She, for me. BUT i know that Konami's not a people, is considered as an object, so it should be 'it', but anyways. lol

I see. Oh, feel no need to apologize for calling the game "football". I do sometimes, too, and I live in the asscrack of the Midwest.
    I see. Oh, feel no need to apologize for calling the game "football". I do sometimes, too, and I live in the asscrack of the Midwest.

Ooh well, hehe. It's kinda normal then.
    'Insane Edition' announced for Far Cry 3 in the UK:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11778-UK-Far-Cry-3--Insane-Edition--Announced.html

Interesting news for us Max Payne 3 fans, but the game has shipped 3 million copies thus far:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11777-Take-Two-Financials--Max-Payne-Ships-3m--NBA-2K13-Release-Date-Confirmed.html
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Great news! Max Payne 3 deserves the big shipping numbers and reviews! :D
    Great news! Max Payne 3 deserves the big shipping numbers and reviews! :D

Yes, it does!