SKYFALL - Name a Film Bond Is More Inept In

We see "Bond" almost loses in all of his assigned tasks in this movie. First, he could not retrieve the list of agents. He could not finish Patrice before his field colleague foolishly shot him (following orders you might say). Once returned, he could not capture Patrice alive so a valuable source of information was lost. He could not save Severine; I mean, he could perform that stupid Jason-Statham-Style action before the duel, couldn't he? ... AND.... finally, he could not save M!...

He couldn't even finish physical tests... I mean, we used to see 007 an iconic hero, an agent with skills and mostly lots of luck, beyond ordinary humans. His movies used to contain a "super-hero" element within. But here, too much of "realism" is added suddenly. Bond has reduced from an invincible hero into a very loser!

Comments

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Goldfinger
    This is exactly the reason Skyfall is one of my favourite Bond films.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Goldfinger

Recently watched it. That's true actually.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Goldfinger

Recently watched it. That's true actually.

Yeah for the film that's often considered the best or most popular, its pretty subversive to the image of Bond if you look at his various failures throughout the film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Is this a joke thread or what?
    Yes its a troll thread, but doesn't mean an interesting Goldfinger discussion can't grow out of it :)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    .....and transforms Pussy.

This was the crowning achievement no doubt.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Yes its a troll thread, but doesn't mean an interesting Goldfinger discussion can't grow out of it :)
    Goldfinger is quite a strange & singular film. IMO it was lightning in a bottle that when analyzed, shouldn't have worked nearly as perfectly as it did.

uperduper wrote:
    We see "Bond" almost loses in all of his assigned tasks in this movie. First, he could not retrieve the list of agents. He could not finish Patrice before his field colleague foolishly shot him (following orders you might say). Once returned, he could not capture Patrice alive so a valuable source of information was lost. He could not save Severine; I mean, he could perform that stupid Jason-Statham-Style action before the duel, couldn't he? ... AND.... finally, he could not save M!...

He couldn't even finish physical tests... I mean, we used to see 007 an iconic hero, an agent with skills and mostly lots of luck, beyond ordinary humans. His movies used to contain a "super-hero" element within. But here, too much of "realism" is added suddenly. Bond has reduced from an invincible hero into a very loser!

Dear moderators? As I am also posting frequently in the James Bond- and SPECTRE-forum on IMDB, I can almost certainly say that this "new forummember" uses another nickname on IMDB, namely: "acdc-1989".

As there are no moderators on IMDB, he is considered one of the biggest trollers on planet IMDB :-). Especially a troller who severely hates everything that has Daniel Craig in it.

I therefore suggest to block his entire profile, and keep an eye on any new forummembers, that have a similar posting style as "uperduper" or "acdc-1989"

Thank you :-)
    chrisisall wrote: »
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Goldfinger is quite a strange & singular film. IMO it was lightning in a bottle that when analyzed, shouldn't have worked nearly as perfectly as it did.

I have a feeling we may actually be saying the same thing in a few years about SF, particularly if SP is really good.
    Moderators. Please close these topics from trolls.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    bondjames wrote: »
    I have a feeling we may actually be saying the same thing in a few years about SF, particularly if SP is really good.
    That may indeed be the case. Time & SP will tell.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    ...and yeah y'all forgot he killed a guy about to commit suicide.

(I liked Sky fall though... :/..)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll appease everyone by saying that we already have a thread on this:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/8885/is-bond-the-worst-spy-in-the-world-in-skyfall/p1

Locked.
This discussion has been closed.