James Bond TV/DVD Docs

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
in Bond Movies Posts: 3,277
In the old MI6 forums, we used to have a Topic like that. So I think now it's the time to have something similar here in MI6 Community, a place where we can share TV documentaries and other rare material.

James Bond 007 Countdown to Tomorrow

A Making of / Preview program, promoting the 1997 James Bond film, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Comments

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Oh god I just watched the first 40 seconds and man that's cheesy. And it wasn't even that long ago. How things have changed
    But great share thanks
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

I saw that one a couple of months ago. In full. It's a very large/big behind-the-scenes look. And I loved every inch of it. I think this is footage that should also be shown in film schools and other universities of drama/arts.
  • RC7RC7
    edited June 2015 Posts: 10,512

I saw that one a couple of months ago. In full. It's a very large/big behind-the-scenes look. And I loved every inch of it. I think this is footage that should also be shown in film schools and other universities of drama/arts.

Yeah, it was an Open University doc that they serialized on BBC2 (IIRC). I had a VHS of it as a kid, but don't know where it is. Probably in my parents attic.

Yeah, it was an Open University doc that they serialized on BBC2 (IIRC). I had a VHS of it as a kid, but don't know where it is. Probably in my parents attic.

Good idea to transfer it to digital mp4-format :-)? Aah well, it has been done for us now already hehe.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

vN4v-n.gif
  • RC7RC7

Good idea to transfer it to digital mp4-format :-)? Aah well, it has been done for us now already hehe.

I should actually. I've got a tonne of VHS stuff from the late 80's to the early 00's.
    This one is great too. Never saw it before:

Please let's thank The007Dossier.com for these great video uploads.

I should actually. I've got a tonne of VHS stuff from the late 80's to the early 00's.

By the way @RC7, a lot has changed with the post-production process. When I watched that TSWLM-behind-the-scenes movie and compared the editing process with this movie from post-production on TWINE, I actually started laughing :-P. Luckily we have computers nowadays:

• RC7RC7
    By the way @RC7, a lot has changed with the post-production process.

It certainly has. There's still something I find quite magical about film making pre-digital, though. Not just post, but production also. Let's just say if I had the choice I'd rather work on a 60's, or 70's Bond than a modern one.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, I remember seeing Countdown to Tomorrow in late 1997. I have a copy of it on video somewhere in fact. Thanks for providing the link, @marketto007!
    edited June 2015 Posts: 2,252
    I've always liked this one. "James Bonds Greatest Hits" done in 2006 ranking all the theme songs including NSNA. Includes interviews with the artists, John Barry and people like Alice Cooper. A few puns sprinkled throughout and it shows James Bond "hitting" people :-P

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    We need the Whickers World documentary about YOLT. Very revealing
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Pretty much recorded most TV documentaries, TV specials since TND. I find they are a nice addition to my collection and also they do contain features not on the dvd's.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    Sean Connery during a BAFTA interview in 2006 (and strongly defending Daniel Craig. Lately, I've started to think that Sean's favourite Bond IS actually Daniel Craig :-)):

George Lazenby during the 40th Anniversary at the BAFTA Awards:

Roger Moore during the 40th Anniversary at the BAFTA Awards:

Timothy Dalton during the 40th Anniversary at the BAFTA Awards:

Pierce Brosnan during the 40th Anniversary at the BAFTA Awards:
  • RC7RC7
    I saw it @RC7 ;-). That 007Dossier website is like.......pure addiction for a Bond fan :-). Terry Wogan was funny then too.

By the way, have you seen the interview with Connery I just posted? It's quite remarkable how.....how interested Sir Connery came in the Bond franchise again since Daniel Craig became the new Bond.
  • RC7RC7
    I saw it @RC7 ;-). That 007Dossier website is like.......pure addiction for a Bond fan :-). Terry Wogan was funny then too.

By the way, have you seen the interview with Connery I just posted? It's quite remarkable how.....how interested Sir Connery came in the Bond franchise again since Daniel Craig became the new Bond.

I was watching it earlier (the Wogan special), for some reason and then you reminded me this thread existed. I have seen the Connery vid. To be honest, I don't think there are any Bond videos on YouTube that I haven't seen.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Well, I hadn't @Gustav_Graves! Thanks for that!

Very rare listen to Connery talking so well about a modern Bond film...
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,119
    jake24 wrote: »
    Guys I know this is off topic, but I found a great video on Skyfall's trailer campaign. The exclusive IMAX trailer is also available on the same website.

http://www.theppc.com/departments/theatrical/skyfall/campaign-overview?from=skyfall

Thanks for mentioning this trailer @Jake24 . I think that link also belongs in here.

Here's the link with all other videos for "Skyfall" from that same website:
    http://www.theppc.com/departments/theatrical/skyfall?filter=4
    And the IMAX-trailer you were referring to:
    http://www.theppc.com/departments/theatrical/skyfall/imax-trailer?filter=4