I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    OMG...
    eddychaput wrote: »
    I don't know if this is something I only just noticed or rather something I hadn't remembered, but watching GF for the first time in a few years, I noticed how pathetically low the Aston Martin ejector seat shoots out that poor Chinese passenger into the air. His yell is super loud but it looks as though he's tossed maybe five or six feat.
    The goal was to get him out of the car... not shoot him into space!

And being ejected from a car unexpectedly is enough to make one scream.

By the way he was Korean.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    Ludovico wrote: »

I thought only Odd Job was Korean and that the rest of Goldfinger's minions were Chinese. Are your sure about that? Maybe I'm mixing up the film and the book. I know for sure the nuclear physicist or whomever that Goldfinger shoots at Fort Knox is Chinese.
    In Octopussy PTS, when the Acrojet flies into the hangar being chased by the heat-seeking missle, if you step-frame the scene, you can see a post holding up the model of the plane
    one more for ya...
    in YOLT, when Aki & 007 are being chased by the car (just prior to the helicopter with the magnet), the speedometer & Tachometer of Aki's Toyota are both at dead 0.
    JPinFLA wrote: »
    In Octopussy PTS, when the Acrojet flies into the hangar being chased by the heat-seeking missle, if you step-frame the scene, you can see a post holding up the model of the plane

Funnily enough, I never would have noticed that, until I listened to John Glen's commentary track. Now I can't unsee it!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    To be honest I could always see the post attached to the jet, but I can
    Ignore it, as it was the only way they could film it. Today it would be removed by CGI.
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Funnily enough, I never would have noticed that, until I listened to John Glen's commentary track. Now I can't unsee it!

Sorry to put that splinter in your brain Dino. And yes, John Glenn's commentary is where I found it.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    It gets a fairly good mention in the 'making of' too.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    In GoldenEye, Q's wheelchair has a rearview mirror.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It took me YEARS to notice that Valenka is taking a shower after her swim, in the scene where Le Chiffre goes downstairs in his yacht to see the online article of Bond shooting up the embassy.
  • eddychaputeddychaput Montreal, Canada
    one more for ya...
    in YOLT, when Aki & 007 are being chased by the car (just prior to the helicopter with the magnet), the speedometer & Tachometer of Aki's Toyota are both at dead 0.

LOL.
    It took me years of viewings of YOLT, before I noticed that the scene of
    Bond and Aki arriving at Henderson's home. Is flipped I.e. Bond and Aki
    Have changed places in the car. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,779
    one more for ya...

LOL.

That was no doubt because the actress who plays Aki (Akiko Wakabayashi) could not drive a car and in close-up shots it had to be pulled by a rope! Scenes from behind were I think done by a member of the crew dressed as Aki.
    Also Aki climbing down the rope at the docks, is obviously abloke in a wig :))
    Ludovico wrote: »

I thought only Odd Job was Korean and that the rest of Goldfinger's minions were Chinese. Are your sure about that? Maybe I'm mixing up the film and the book. I know for sure the nuclear physicist or whomever that Goldfinger shoots at Fort Knox is Chinese.

The physicist was Chinese. The others were Korean if I'm not mistaken, according to the book.
    DrGorner wrote: »

I've always wondered why they didn't use a female stunt artist. Maybe they didn't have them back then.
    I've only just noticed the switches to the black haired stunt double of Sean Connery in the PTS fight with Bob Simmons as the Colonel in Thunderball. It's one of my favourite fight sequences in the Bond film series by the way.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The blue parka Bond wear's in FYEO has a B zipper on it.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Murdock wrote: »

B for Bond? I thought that for the longest time, but its for Willy Bogner
    Murdock wrote: »

That's because its Willy Bogner's skiwear! He did the skiing stunts for the movie, as well as TSWLM
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I know who Willy Bogner is, I didn't know he had his own skiwear. :P
    During the Thunderball PTS when Bond escapes using the jet pack, when he lands in the wide shot he's a good few yards from the Aston, quick cut to med shot and he's right next to it!
    Well it was from Willy Bogner's clothing range. Hence the B. :)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    DrGorner wrote: »

The most jarring example of this is when Bond burns "Rosie's" wrist with his cigar and flips her onto his bed in LIVE AN LET DIE. Not only is it a guy, it's a massive guy, and he has been shoe-polished, to boot.

I'll have to look out for that next time I watch it! :))
  • Watching DAF the other day, one brief scene with Blofeld has his cat chomping away at some food in a cat dish next to him! What next, a cut to his cat litter?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Not very important, but there's a funny moment in Thunderball, in a short scene where Bond and Felix meet with Paula and Pinder on the street market. As they walk away towards the Q's headquarters, Bond makes a funny dodge in order to avoid the collision with one of the passersby.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    edited July 2015 Posts: 805
    I just slipped on 'Golden Gun' while Frau Bunt popped out for the afternoon to get her hair done. Never noticed before what old Scaramanga is drinking on the beach before that little Nic Nac fella calls him in for his 12 o'clock with Rodney. Always thought it was the Moet Champagne that Nic Nac had uncorked earlier but on closer inspection there appears to be a bottle of Stout (from the label, Guinness Foreign Extra Stout if I'm not mistaken) on the table next to him. I'm thinking Francisco must be enjoying a cheeky Black Velvet! (a favourite of Fleming's too BTW )
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just slipped on 'Golden Gun' while Frau Bunt popped out for the afternoon to get her hair done. Never noticed before what old Scaramanga is drinking on the beach before that little Nic Nac fella calls him in for his 12 o'clock with Rodney. Always thought it was the Moet Champagne that Nic Nac had uncorked earlier but on closer inspection there appears to be a bottle of Stout (from the label, Guinness Foreign Extra Stout if I'm not mistaken) on the table next to him. I'm thinking Francisco must be enjoying a cheeky Black Velvet! (a favourite of Fleming's too BTW )

Christopher Lee mentions that on the "Inside TMWTGG" documentary on the DVD.

Christopher Lee mentions that on the "Inside TMWTGG" documentary on the DVD.

Yes, and it was all real alcohol too!