"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

My sympathies @jake24 .....keep your chin up.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    If the weather is kind I might get my long-delayed last year's birthday present on Sunday: a flight in a de Havilland Dragon Rapide from Duxford!!

YES. Sightseeing flight over London in perfect weather. Quite simply one of the best experiences of my life to date; I love biplanes but I'd never actually flown in one before, and I am still grinning. (The plane: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Dragon_Rapide)

I'll shut up now, but have some Bond locations from the air: the Dome, and the back view of MI6.

210291_original.jpg

209996_original.jpg
    They are 2 excellent photo's Agent99! Very cool! :-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Have you tried jumping out without a parachute?
    Have you tried jumping out without a parachute?

I was right next to the door and the thought did occur to me. But I hear if you do that they tend not to let you fly with them again.

Glad you liked the photos, @RogueAgent! Who knew you were allowed to fly that low over London...in a 70-year-old plane, too.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Wow! Must have been a thrill @Agent_99 ! Absolutely mint weather for it too. Bet you were humming the Bond theme to yourself while you were up there. Glad you didn't meet any enemy aircraft like Little Nellie did.
    I was pretty glad Bond wasn't on board, though. Such a lovely plane - I wanted it to survive!
    Whatcha gonna do with your Easter eggs this weekend ,fellow Bond Easter Bunnies ?;) #-o
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Heading down to see the folks - the weather here is supposed to be rubbish. A storm passing across the country - high winds and heavy rain. Some areas of the country have suffered destructive floods this week - so can't complain too much, but it's disappointing and the four hour drive could balloon out to an odyssey with these conditions. But get to spend a long weekend with my fiancée and family which should be good times. How about you @barryt007 ?
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Heading down to see the folks - the weather here is supposed to be rubbish. A storm passing across the country - high winds and heavy rain. Some areas of the country have suffered destructive floods this week - so can't complain too much, but it's disappointing and the four hour drive could balloon out to an odyssey with these conditions. But get to spend a long weekend with my fiancée and family which should be good times. How about you @barryt007 ?

Drive safely @Major_Boothroyd !!

I will be spending time with my girlfriend,relaxing.I've got some interesting meals to cook, but on Easter Day itself it will be a big family gathering at my sisters house.

Also I have booked a day off tomorrow,i've a lot of films to catch up on !

Family stuff for me, too: heading up to Leeds on Friday, hopefully with a stop at an aviation museum on the way.
    Having some Spanish ale.
    That looks amazing!!

They should have a greenscreen backdrop so you can be in a movie of your choice :)
    How high were you during the experience?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I just "flew" at iFly. It was decent, but you have to go something like ten times before you can really do anything.

Awesome! That's something I've always wanted to do.
    Working this Easter though had two weeks off been enjoying the beach and got ten days mountain biking in, good platform to get back into the zone.
    This weekend will all be about the family! :-bd
    It's a 3 day holiday this weekend in the UK..so whats everyone up to ?
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Going to the Wray Scarecrow festival tomorrow and visiting the Craft Fair at Lancaster Castle on Sunday. As for the Monday, I'm not sure yet as the wife is working.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I am here..

full.jpg

Hypothermia and pneumonia :(
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Honestly Jason you will get into anything with anybody !! Look after yourself .
    That's no way to spend a weekend. Hope they let you out soon.
    Right now looking after a poorly pet. Not much fun being a confessed big softie!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I decided not to go stoned my first time, which is never a good idea for anything. But it was still fun.

Next time you'll have to watch MR's PTS and get high right before you go. Should be an even better experience.

I'd love to skydive just once in my life, or even try the wind tunnel thing you did. Would likely be an incredibly nerve-wracking experience, but I bet the first instance of jumping out, knowing there's no turning back, is sublime.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Was out in Colorado this past weekend. Had a great time. It snowed alot, hadn't seen snow in years.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Was out in Colorado this past weekend. Had a great time. It snowed alot, hadn't seen snow in years.

I have seen SO MUCH snow during last weekend that it will be enough for a lifetime ...but then what do I expect being in the Alps :P
    Me, my son and my oldest niece are going to visit my mother on Sunday, have a family dinner and her home baked cinnamon buns.
    Banging my head against a brick wall!!!
    Frigga?

Didn t you know my mom?
    Alien: Covenant is finally coming to town.