10 Buildings Perfect For S.P.E.C.T.R.E. HQ In Bond 24 & 25

edited March 2015 in Bond Movies Posts: 5,745
Here's an article detailing ten buildings designed by the architect Kenzo Tange, all of which look like they came straight out of a Bond movie, or Ken Adam's sketch book.

4016729310_ce2ef0b5c0_b.jpg

http://io9.com/kenzo-tanges-buildings-will-make-you-believe-in-a-bette-1691121878

Thoughts?

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 2015 Posts: 10,586
    I think the Nichinan Cultural Centre is my favourite for a S.P.E.C.T.R.E base/hq. It's very complex, secluded, and suspicious looking, but somehow manages to be very unique and stand out whilst still blending in with the rest of the landscape, enough to prevent the building from drawing attention to itself.

Very interesting architectural designs, unlike I've ever seen before.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Outstanding and very post-modern designs.

I actually think that Tange's Yoyogi National Gymnasium (see below) is actually shown in YOLT during the Toyota car chase. The camera pans out to it. Pity they never went inside - the interior looks amazing.

Yoyogi-National-First-Gymnasium-01.jpg

I personally like the Fuji Broadcasting Center (the top photo on this page) - I could easily see a chase through those long horizontal tunnel like levels.
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 5,745
    bondjames wrote: »
    I personally like the Fuji Broadcasting Center (the top photo on this page) - I could easily see a chase through those long horizontal tunnel like levels.

A PTS with Bond taking out baddies on his way to the sphere, and inside.. Ernst Stavro Blofeld waits in front of a desk in an otherwise big empty semi-circle room..

End PTS and cut to title sequence. The rest of the movie goes back in time to events leading up to the PTS, and the film ends with Bond getting sweet revenge.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I can just see it now. You may just have the first credible plot for B25 @JWESTBROOK.

I.M. Pei has some great designs that can be used in a Bond movie as well, like the Miho Museum near Kyoto:

http://regex.info/blog/2013-12-06/2349

They should really do something in Dubai (I know Mission Impossible went there first but that was only the Burj Khalifa) as there are some fantastic designs over there. They're reputedly working on an underwater hotel (TSWLM style) but have hit some cost/funding snags:

http://www.charismaticplanet.com/hydropolis-underwater-hotel-dubai/
    Some amazing places there! WOW! :-O
    Some beautiful and some ugly ass buildings. The press centre is horrific.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    No stainless steel delicatessens?