Recommendations - Behind the Scenes Book

I'm interested in buying a book that really tells the story by behind the making of every Bond film. Which book is the best? Is this one any good - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1550224999/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ZXSEIGFM05GD&coliid=I1V6HI9H89NRFV

Is the Making of OHMSS book worth the $50?

Comments

• Mi6LisbonBranchMi6LisbonBranch Lisbon, Portugal
    I'm interested in buying a book that really tells the story by behind the making of every Bond film. Which book is the best? Is this one any good - http://www.amazon.com/dp/1550224999/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=ZXSEIGFM05GD&coliid=I1V6HI9H89NRFV

Yes absolutely. OHMSS is my favourite Bond movie and this movie isnt just a making of book, it's an absolute encyclopedia with everything you can possible imagine about the movie.
    From pre-production, to shooting, to publicity campaign, première... honestly i never saw such a "making of" as detailed as this one.
    I will soon buy "the making of The Living Daylights" book of the same author.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    You should definitely buy The James Bond Archives. It's a little pricy, but definitely worth it. The book goes behind the scenes of every film from Dr. No to Skyfall, but from the perspectives of the cast and crew from each movie.

Yes absolutely. OHMSS is my favourite Bond movie and this movie isnt just a making of book, it's an absolute encyclopedia with everything you can possible imagine about the movie.
    From pre-production, to shooting, to publicity campaign, première... honestly i never saw such a "making of" as detailed as this one.

Is there specifically a book about the making of OHMSS? If so, can someone pos a link please? Many thanks.

Is there specifically a book about the making of OHMSS? If so, can someone pos a link please? Many thanks.

Yes. This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Her-Majestys-Secret-Service/dp/0984412603/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1419961982&sr=1-3&keywords=on+her+majesty's+secret+service
    jake24 wrote: »
    You should definitely buy The James Bond Archives. It's a little pricy, but definitely worth it. The book goes behind the scenes of every film from Dr. No to Skyfall, but from the perspectives of the cast and crew from each movie.

Agree!
    Probably the best "James Bond movies" book out there.
    Would also recommend:
    - The James Bond Encyclopedia
    - 50 years of Movie Posters
    - The Secret World of 007
    - James Bond - The legacy (goes up to DAD only, but very detailed and with amazing photos).
    And i also have "the making of" Tomorrow Never Dies and Goldeneye which are also very nice.
    And others. But i would highlight these, for starters.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Agree!
    Would also recommend:
    - James Bond - The legacy (goes up to DAD only, but very detailed and with amazing photos).
    And i also have "the making of" Tomorrow Never Dies and Goldeneye which are also very nice.
    The Art of Bond is also something I'd list.

Agree!
    Would also recommend:
    The Art of Bond is also something I'd list.

Absolutely!! Forgot that one!
    Very nice approach. Outstanding photos with great quotes from cast and crew!!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I have the OHMSS book and can hands down recommend it. Superb stuff.

There is one on TLD as well by the same author (Charles Helfenstein). Supposed to be of similar high quality., but is also similarly expensive. I have not bought that one yet, but I will.

I also really like "the James Bond Films by Steven Jay Rubin", "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by Alan Barnes & Marcus Hearn" & "James Bond - The Legacy by John Cork and Bruce Scivally".
    OK, great! Thanks all!
    Also, when I was a kid in the '70's I used to check out from the library a very small book that reviewed/summarized the Bond films but can't seem to find it today. If anyone knows/remembers said book, I'd appreciate the title.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I have both Helfenstein books. Really great work. A must for lovers of OHMSS or TLD... like me!