SPECTRE Leaks Discussion (allowed on ONLY this thread) MAJOR PLOTLINE SPOILERS!

edited December 2014 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 4,622
I have created actual spoiler thread, where we can discuss news such as posted below openly, minus spoiler tags.
The other thread isn't actually a true spoiler thread, which is fine. It is what it is.

Personally I think this new info is the best spoiler info we've got yet.
Not sure if its legit, but I do tend to think it could be, but that is the nature of the spoiler beast. We will never know for sure what is 100 percent accurate. We have to go by our instincts, and we can help each other with discussion.
With such info, "too many cooks" is helpful
So there is an alleged leak of SPECTRE information stemming from the Sony leak. I have some SERIOUS doubts about their legitimacy, so take it with a colossal grain of salt.
http://imgur.com/EINzMou,L4qyRHq,GmI1Ral,n8AStK1#0
If in the highly unlikely event that this info is legitimate, I'm not sure if I'm thrilled.

Germanlady wrote: »
True or not true, i strongly believe, its respectless to even post stuff like that. Its as if we put stolen jewelery on the markett. Are we that desperate. Imo the mods should delete everything, that has to do with it.

I fully respect what @germanlady would like the other thread to be, but truth is, its not an actual spoiler thread, if there is constant deliberation, as to what people would "like" in terms of spoilers

This is actual spoiler thread where we can discuss veracity of info such as that posted by @battleshipgrey.

To the posted info, I do think the first page looks like an early draft. The Charlotte from the CIA character may have been dumped.
Also, I am not sure we are going to get the Bond-on-mission adventure, many had been hoping for, if initial briefings are being held in cemeteries etc. Seems like SP might be a bit of a personal journey drama, after all.
Could still turn out to be a great film, but the Mendes drama stamp will be all over it, I think.

I do like, that there is mention of a cat. Not sure it is the cat, but we shall see.

Comments

• edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    I'll say what I said before - all this is 100% legit and there is tons (and I mean it) more in the whole Sony email hack leak. playing Devil's Advocate, one can check by downloading the entire mailbox leak (which has attachments too).

The bits which are public public at the moment are a few (seriously, a few, if what I hear is true) notes by Sony/MGM execs on multiple drafts (the pages with numbered notes are for an early August one, then the other two are for an October/November one apparently) so yeah seems like CIA subplot with Charlotte and Leiter has been cut in the newer drafts/shooting script.
    I haven't been able to access the 2nd, 3rd and 4th images. Will try on my smartphone, if I can figure out where I left it. :\">
    timmer wrote: »
    I haven't been able to access the 2nd, 3rd and 4th images. Will try on my smartphone, if I can figure out where I left it. :\">

Page 2 (October draft notes 1) http://m.imgur.com/L4qyRHq
    Page 3 (Oct notes 2) http://m.imgur.com/GmI1Ral
    Good thread idea. Each to their own but the more speculation, spoilers and rumours the better with me! ;)

I agree that if it's true, a lot (hopefully) isn't relevant because it seems like an early draft. Certainly from what is there, it seems less mission-like and more personal and 'closer to home' than many would have originally liked.

I do like the idea of The Day of the Dead though and this would definitely fit into the Mexico City scenes. They could certainly have a LALD meets junkanoo meets Rio carnival vibe in the film.
    Thanks for links. Wow, this looks like a very intriguing mystery heavy plot. Not sure I am thrilled by it.
    The mention of an Irma character does hold possibilities though.
    Madeleine as main Bond girl does hold appeal. She and Bond do seem to be getting in and out of trouble, much like Bond and Camille, but with less tension in the relationship. More natural I think.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,164
    Irma has been cut from the October draft apparently.

Sorry to repeat this, everyone looking at imgur images, remember those are for two different drafts, a lot of stuff changed between the two it seems
    M's death, Tanner traitor, CIA, Irma maybe etc
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I had a quick look at the images.

This appears to be an intense 'caper' with some dramatic flair due to Mendes' involvement.

I like what I quickly read over, but I prefer to stay away from further plot details until the teaser comes out.

Looks very good though, if it's legit.
  • Please don't do it. These are not just ordinary spoilers from beloved, geeky, Bond fans. These are illegal hacks, pure theft, and they hurt the franchise. Out of respect I will NOT read them. Instead, I will stay thrilled of all the mystery surrounding SPECTRE. Something you will not have when giving in to un-ethical hackers.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Looking at stuff obtained illegally *does* seem to be questionable to me.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I read the four pages (images), and I really don't know how to feel about it. Not sure if it's real or just a hoax. Anyway, I kinda liked what I read. Let's wait and see...11 months to discover the truth. :D
  • I have no idea why I clicked on that. I normally try to stay away from plot spoilers completely. But curiosity got the better of me, I couldn't help but take a look and now I regret it :(

Anyway, if it is true, it all seems very interesting. The notes were all a bit jumbled so can someone clarify if I have this right
    The PTS is set during a Day Of The Dead festival? A bomb goes off and Moneypenny is badly injured? Obenhauser is the son of the ski instructor from the books and is Blofeld, and grew up hating Bond because his dad loved Bond like a son? SPECTRE are behind Quantum and this all also ties into Silva somehow? Tanner is a traitor who ends up killing himself because of guilt? At the end Bond throws away his gun and walks off, possibly retiring?

If this is real then it'll be interesting to see how much of it is still in the final draft. It's looking great so far though. Has a lot of potential. Seems to again be a very personal, dramatic story though. I don't really have a problem with this, I like the character drama approach to things, I've gotten used to it and I think it's been really well done in the Craig films and has helped breath new life into the series. But people hoping for a more straight forward film may be disappointed.

@antovolk
    M dying? Didn't notice anything about that whej I looked at the images.
    It was inevitable that we would get a character focused drama. EON waited an extra year to get Mendes onboard, and I think this was one of the initial demands from Craig when he took the role. I think he is the guy who wants the dramatic aspect, so he can stretch his acting skills.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as we don't see Bond crying again. I've had it with that element.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well from the responses from some of you about this being an intense mystery caper, this news really delights me and us something that the Bond films should be. I'm not reading the leaked stuff because those sort of details are too spoilerish but from an abstract perspective of what the facts are, this looks to be like a very different movie from SF and an exciting thriller of a movie that really cements Bond as bloody king.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The train scene with Bond fighting Hinx is going to be EPIC. Anyone remember the game EVERYTHING OR NOTHING when Bond fights Jaws? :D
    @thelivingroyale
    Yeah everything aside from Tanner being a traitor - that's not in the later draft apparently, is right.

Re: M, read 86 on the 4th image. That bit was cut too it seems as well. Remember notes.ate for two different drafts.
  • DannyBoy1994DannyBoy1994 Wales
    I regrettably read the leaked info earlier when it was first mentioned in another thread, and I have no idea what to make of it. Best way to describe my reaction is lukewarm, but not despairing.
    However, I am a little worried about the planned relationship between Oberhauser and Bond, judging from what I've read so far
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    I am not sure, why you saw the need to create just ANOTHER spoiler free thread for photos and pics. Its already here and I suggest to close this one. Not because I opened it, but because we just went though the topic of NOT having dozens of similar threads.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10331/spectre-photos-and-videos#latest

Here is the one for news:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2530/spectre-spoilerish-news-tidbits#latest
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Germanlady is correct about this.

Sorry guys, please use one of the links in the previous post to continue this conversation. Thank you for giving this issue some thought in the future. It's better to centralize ideas into a single thread than to cut an idea into fragments which then get their own thread each. Members will simply end up repeating posts or, out of fear of sounding too repetitious, avoid certain threads which will then simply lose their juice after half a page or so.

Thanks again for your participation. :-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thread reopened. On second thought, it might be the best option.
    Have fun!
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,622
    antovolk wrote: »
    @thelivingroyale
    Yeah everything aside from Tanner being a traitor - that's not in the later draft apparently, is right.

Re: M, read 86 on the 4th image. That bit was cut too it seems as well. Remember notes.ate for two different drafts.

Do you have any other links?

What's of interest is the veracity of these leaks and how the SP story as we think we might know it, might impact the series going forward.
    What's to become of Spectre?

Based on the supposed ending, which I think does fit, with the four film story arc as we think we know it,.....,does this spell the end for Craig.

Does the old dog just walk away now ...too jaded to continue
  • Yeah assuming the leaks are true, I'm certain that SP will be Craig's last.
    Franz/Blofeld, the threat behind Le Chiffre, Quantum and Silva, responsible for the death of Vesper and M, is dead. Bond retires and finally gets a life like M and Moneypenny tell him too, he finally moves on and leaves his old life behind, finally perhaps finding peace.

I think it's a nice fitting ending, it links together the Craig movies, wraps up the Quantum arc and wraps up Bond's personal story arc, giving him a happy ending.
    @thelivingroyale

What's of interest is the veracity of these leaks and how the SP story as we think we might know it, might impact the series going forward.

Based on the supposed ending, which I think does fit, with the four film story arc as we think we know it,.....,does this spell the end for Craig.

PMd link. That's basically all that has been leaked plot wise apart from CNN story.

As for veracity - checking dates on the screencaps on that link - the numbered notes are circa May it turns out. The rest including that ending are more recent - Sept/Oct?

It really seems at this point that
    SPECTRE will be a one off thing. Whether ESB dies like thelivingroyale thinks or not is still up in the air I guess but I 100% agree with what he says above. And yes this could spell the end of Craig not necessarily due to Craig contract which could be renegotiated but other stuff such as Mendes asking to make this into a one film story as opposed to stretch to 25 as a condition of his return as director. This is def a TDKR-style conclusion to Craig's tenure.
  • It says in the leaked images above that
    "now he's gotten rid of his greatest enemy, Bond is free to move on". I took this as confirmation that Bond will kill Franz (aka Blofeld), especially since he retires at the end (would he do that if Blofeld was still out there?).
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    @thelivingroyale

PMd link. That's basically all that has been leaked plot wise apart from CNN story.

As for veracity - checking dates on the screencaps on that link - the numbered notes are circa May it turns out. The rest including that ending are more recent - Sept/Oct?

It really seems at this point that
    SPECTRE will be a one off thing. Whether ESB dies like thelivingroyale thinks or not is still up in the air I guess but I 100% agree with what he says above. And yes this could spell the end of Craig not necessarily due to Craig contract which could be renegotiated but other stuff such as Mendes asking to make this into a one film story as opposed to stretch to 25 as a condition of his return as director. This is def a TDKR-style conclusion to Craig's tenure.

You know,
    I would bloody quit too
    with all the drama that's been thrown his way in the past 4 films. He joined the secret service to serve queen and country, and for 4 missions he's been tied up with deeply personal crap.......
    I'd quit too.
    Too much drama from the look it. Hopefull the final product is not so melodramatic as this seems.
    @bondjames I'll copy what I said to timmer in the other thread
    I don't think they are going to be necessarily hinging on Vesper/Quantum/Silva story to be resolved in this film outside of I guess references/mentions, this is just revealing that SPECTRE was behind this at most I reckon. This is what one of the leaked notes said if you read them again, they want SPECTRE to present a huge threat that's the main hook/conflict of the story instead of the melodrama, and I assume they have rectified all that in the shooting script.
    like I said it will be interesting to see how this film plays out...

but I can safely say this is extremly risky!
    TDK and TDKR parallels with SF and SP sure do fit.
    if so this might be as good a way as any, to wind down the Craig era. Tie it off with a bow as a standalone story arc, and come back with new Bond-on-mission approach, but still incorporating, much of what worked in the Craig era.
    If so I extend permission to not put gunbarrel back at start, and to not feature JB Theme prominently in film. Save these longstandin stylings for a soft relaunch.

Although, the table had already been neatly set for a relaunched Bond-on-mission, scenario, with all personal drama done.

But realistically how likely was that to happen, with this actor and especially with this director.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    like I said it will be interesting to see how this film plays out...

but I can safely say this is extremly risky!

They'll probably have enough "safe" standalone threats, set pieces and stuff to counter all the link backs and possible melodrama.
    no doubt the train stuff with Hinx sounds fantastic and classic bond (ala From russia with love Live and Let Die theSpy who loved me... jeez bond really needs to stop traveling on trains)

The Day of the dead PTS sound amazing too. like i said the action will be there the ending will be shocking though heck even though I know it if i sit in a theater in November and see this ending I will be shocked.
    I truly hope that this isn't Craig's last outing as I cannot see anyone out there right now to take over.