Directing 007 - Great 1 hour interview with 4 Bond directors!

This video has gone right over my head. Check it out below

http://www.dga.org/Events/2011/11-november-2011/75th-Directing-007.aspx

00701.ashx?20110930T1633511484

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow! thanks a million for that, P2D!! :D
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Thank you. Some great insights.

I'm surprised that Roger Spottiswoode was there - rumour has it that he fell out with Babs and MGW. But judging by the interview, I couldn't see any bad blood between them.

Micheal Apted seemed rather sheepish when it came to discussing his film. Unlike the majority of this forum, I find TWINE to rather good. Sure it has Brosnan overacting in a couple of scenes, but overall I thought it was a very fine edition to the Bond series.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great video.
    Will have to try and watch this asap! Thanks for posting!!
  • It is indeed refreshing to see Spottiswoode at an event like this. You can pretty much skip past the John Glen stuff - same old, same old.

The most revealing interview is from Campbell especially when discussing CR. It's clear how much of a handle he has on the film when he describes the concept and Apted looks suitably impressed (and maybe even a tad jealous) when MC talks about making a more psychologically 'bruised' Bond.

For me the most interesting piece of the conversation comes an hour in when Campbell talks about the meeting they had that decided Craig's casting. It's interesting to hear who was in the room and how the voting system took place. Even Campbell admits to not being sure about Craig even in the room and it was only Barbara who was truly convinced. Clever woman.