Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Downey was disgraceful in Sherlock imho. Truly awful.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Yep.
    Jude Law was good though....
    Goran Višnjić - Croatian actor - was considered for the role back in 2005 (made it to the final four, according to Wikipedia). Ya know, the guy with the impeccable British accent...

sarcasm_warning.jpg

• cwl007cwl007 England
    Jude Law is English!
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Jude Law is English!
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Jude Law is English!

Exactly. That's why his performance was decent.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Oh, I see.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited February 2017 Posts: 2,730
    Arnt they usually unknowns though like how many people were clammering for Craig before it was announced
    How about Orlando Bloom

Watch this trailer before judging

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Risico007 wrote: »
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.

How bout Johnny depp?????
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.

lol-gif-36.gif
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.

lol-gif-36.gif
    Exactly.
    How about Amy schumer for James Bond

I think we need to start a petition
    Maybe in a post-apocalyptic distopian world.
    The Kilmer version of Templar was an abomination.
    So was "The Saint in Manhattan" starring Australian actor Andrew Clarke, who also proved Templar shouldn't be played by as Aussie nor have face fungus over his lip.

However, the reason I mentioned Hiddy or Coster-Waldau for Templar is because The Saint has been ballsed-up so many times since Moore's and Olgilvy's versions that it won't matter if either Hiddles or Coster-Waldau are added to the list.

And I agree with some of you that Brozza would've been a better Saint than Bond.
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.

Too wet.
    How about Orlando Bloom

Nope.

American, too old, too short and cant do a British accent. Pretty dire really.

Ha ha. Not only is she woman but she's fat!! Not the silliest suggestion on this topic though...... On par with Idris Elba I'd say.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 13,882

A Bond film where Bond spouts a constant string of knob jokes, vag jokes and hating her mother jokes?

I would gladly sign a petitionto have Schumer expelled from this planet.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423

A Bond film where Bond spouts a constant string of knob jokes, vag jokes and hating her mother jokes?

I would gladly sign a petitionto have Schumer expelled from this planet.
    I'd do that, now!
    suavejmf wrote: »

Ha ha. Not only is she woman but she's fat!! Not the silliest suggestion on this topic though...... On par with Idris Elba I'd say.
    She's abominable at best. I'd take Elba and have him play the role till he grows real old than let that abomination of a... being come anywhere near Bond...
    Ludovico wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    The women tend to do it better admittedly. Streep was decent in Iron Lady. Gillian Anderson is always excellent.

I'll admit I can't think of any males off the top of my head. Hypothetically, it shouldn't matter though, which is my point. That doesn't mean one should actively pursue a non British actor for the part. Of course, a Brit is the most likely choice, as it should be. Just that one shouldn't exclude non-Brits if they are up to the job.

I sure hope Gillian Anderson has a good British accent: she was raised partly in England!

I'll give you that one, Julianne Moore can also put on a decent English accent. However, no one has named a male actor yet.

None that I can think of. And when someone suggests an American to play Bond, he often means some star. Brosnan was the most "American" Bond we ever had.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The women tend to do it better admittedly. Streep was decent in Iron Lady. Gillian Anderson is always excellent.

I'll admit I can't think of any males off the top of my head. Hypothetically, it shouldn't matter though, which is my point. That doesn't mean one should actively pursue a non British actor for the part. Of course, a Brit is the most likely choice, as it should be. Just that one shouldn't exclude non-Brits if they are up to the job.

I sure hope Gillian Anderson has a good British accent: she was raised partly in England!

I'll give you that one, Julianne Moore can also put on a decent English accent. However, no one has named a male actor yet.

None that I can think of. And when someone suggests an American to play Bond, he often means some star. Brosnan was the most "American" Bond we ever had.
    'Murika, huh? ;)
    There's no reason that an American couldn't play Bond, just in terms of that blanket statement. But, it would take the right American actor to do it, someone who wasn't a big star who carried a lot of baggage to the role with him and could actually convincingly play a British agent. So far, I have yet to see anyone suggest an American actor who could fit that bill. Could it happen sometime in the future, though? Sure, it could.
    It cant and I doubt it will ever happen. As I've said before American male actors cant get the accent right.
    It cant and I doubt it will ever happen. As I've said before American male actors cant get the accent right.

Look for me I don't even think bond can be colored let alone american

I would not go as far but would say it's unlikely. Given the abysmally poor track record of Americans playing Brits I say it's not worth the risk.
    Also the British press would have a field day winding up the public over an American 'Baaaand James Baaaand'....its not going to happen peeps.

I would not go as far but would say it's unlikely. Given the abysmally poor track record of Americans playing Brits I say it's not worth the risk.

+1.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Also the British press would have a field day winding up the public over an American 'Baaaand James Baaaand'....its not going to happen peeps.

+1.