- Alex O'Loughlin

Past:

- Jason Isaacs
    - Terence Stamp
    - Ian McShane
    - Clive Owen
    - Robson Green

Robson Green? Hope you're joking!

I always thought Clive Owen would have been awful. He has the dullest voice I've heard from a major film actor. Frankly I don't know how he's got as far as he has.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Germanlady wrote:
    #
    In any event, I don't really like to look ahead to future releases, at this point in time Craig is 007, I don't necessarily look beyond that

This...I always get a sour taste with these discussions. It just feels wrong...

Come on, lighten up. You're always telling people what they should and should not be discussing.

This is a Bond forum. It's only natural people will speculate about who might play the part in the future. Surely it's part of the fun.

And it doesn't stop me hoping that DC sticks around for a good while.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Getafix wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    #
    In any event, I don't really like to look ahead to future releases, at this point in time Craig is 007, I don't necessarily look beyond that

This...I always get a sour taste with these discussions. It just feels wrong...

Come on, lighten up. You're always telling people what they should and should not be discussing.

This is a Bond forum. It's only natural people will speculate about who might play the part in the future. Surely it's part of the fun.

And it doesn't stop me hoping that DC sticks around for a good while.

Ok, agreed...and lightening up coming from you - how can I not give in? ;)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    - Jason Isaacs
    - Sean Bury. You can see him in Friends (1971) from Lewis Gilbert (Yolt, TSWLM, MR) He look like on a very young Brosnan, born in the Uk and he is from 1954 and is only 1 year younger then Brosnan. Also playing a cameo in TSWLM.
    - Clive Owen
    - Jeremy Northam
    - Hugh Jackman
    -Gerard Butler
    - Jon Hamm (If have been English releated or Canada, Australian and not playing in Mad Men) Can have been the new Sean Connery, in specialy some episodes of Season 2 proof that.

Future:

Sam Worthington (1976) The looks of Brosnan.
    Ryan Gosling (1980) The looks of Daniel Craig. Born in Canada.
    Matthew Goode (1978) Sugest him as villian, also as Batman villian. The looks of Brosnan/Roger Moore, Like Gerard Butler there be a con. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0328828/
    Ben Barnes (He is from 1981) He playing the prince in Narnia 2, he have the looks of Hugh Jackman.
    Daniel Radcliffe (1982)
    Barney Clark (in 2030 because he is from 1993) Earlier sugestion from the old forums, mabey earlier a sugestion to be the new Batman, because he looks like a bit on Christian Bale.

Danny Ratcliffe?! That'd be hilarious.
    Getafix wrote:
    Danny Ratcliffe?! That'd be hilarious.

Talking about DC being short...

• edited February 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Having just seen Henry Cavill in Immortals - out now on DVD and Blu-ray - I don't think he's got 'it' in terms of acting and presence. As one reviewer said about Immortals - "where Mickey Rourke overacts and Henry Cavill underacts."

I think that summed it up well. He's a rather bland actor! To give him the benefit of the doubt, the role he played in Immortals was nothing like Bond so it's not a fair comparison but I was just thinking about his potential and I didn't get a "wow, this guy must play Bond" vibe.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any obvious actor to follow Craig but I'm sure Eon will find someone and the public will accept him. Hardly anyone knew about Craig back in the Brosnan era so I don't think being a total unknown works against an actor becoming Bond.

Clive Owen and Clive Robertson (actor who appeared in cheesy US soap, Sunset Beach) will always remain enduring 'what if' candidates. I think Robertson had real potential despite his fairly low profile career.

Kevin Costner as Bond? Hmm... has April 1st arrived a bit too early? :D He's appearing in the new Superman film along with Mr Cavill.

A lot of the usual names mentioned for the part will be a bit too old when Craig quits the role. Butler, Owen, Northam, Jackman, Bean etc. I'm sure it will be some relative newcomer that we don't know much about.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited February 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Did you just suggest Kevin Costner???

He has only ONE facial expression. Right here:
    costner-sm.jpg

Though I wouldn't have minded seeing him in a Bond movie-- just not as Bond himself. (if that's not what you were suggesting please don't mind me ;) )

lol yeah i suggested as Bond himself... But at the 90's, he had a good look, like he was 40's old.
  • I quite liked the idea of Northam in the past (he showed loads of charisma and cheeky charm in Enigma) but I feared that the general public wouldn't take to him and he'd be Dalton 2.0...

• edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    In the past:
    Lewis Collins
    Patrick McGoohan
    Robert Shaw (I really think he could have been a good James Bond. He would have had to take Connery's era though, can't see Shaw playing Bond in the 70's.)

In the present:
    Ewan McGregor
    Clive Owen
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Clive Owen is 47. By the time Craig's tenure as Bond runs dry, Owen will probably have celebrated his 50th B-day. A bit old perhaps? ;-)

Ewan McGregor? Maybe... although I don't trust him to come off as very masculine Bond.

Michael Fassbender? Perhaps, but I see him more as a classic Bond, a 50s Bond, possibly in a TV series of faithful Fleming adaptations.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Ewan McGregor? Maybe... although I don't trust him to come off as very masculine Bond.
    Because every other actor that played James Bond was just oozing masculinity. *coughrogermoorecough*

• edited February 2012 Posts: 6,601
    McGregor? Can't see it at all. He is rather bland to me and doesn't have the good looks of Roger, which made up for the lack of masculinity or even Pierce, who looked the part for many.

Clive Owen has THE perfect face for Bond IMO, but lacks expression, in short, he doesn't know, what to do with that face of his.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Because every other actor that played James Bond was just oozing masculinity. *coughrogermoorecough*

I believe you are underestimating Moore, sir. IMO, Moore easily beats McGregor in this department.

Getafix wrote:
    Robson Green? Hope you're joking!

I always thought Clive Owen would have been awful. He has the dullest voice I've heard from a major film actor. Frankly I don't know how he's got as far as he has.

Not joking at all. Green's not a bad actor and he's got a great look. He'd need to borrow one of Connery's rugs, though. ;)

As for Owen, he would have been great as Bond. When people complain about Owen being dull and boring, I always wonder if they're watching the same actor that I am...

• Fassbender all the way home...IMHO, there is no other choice.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    James+Purefoy+Solomon+Kane+Photocall+Madrid+hNduRkCyHH7l.jpg

It will never happen now, as at 48, he would be deemed to old to take on the role. And by the time Craig finally lets go of the role, Purefoy will be the other side of 50. However, if he had allready started his Bond era, he could still carry the role in 2012.
  • I think Ewan McGregor could've done it:

BoEM_150.jpg
    Rupert Penry Jones
  • Look at hiiiim...I mean...it's Bond, right there!

X-Men_First_Class_Michael_Fassbender_as_Erik_Lehnsherr_Magneto_in_Sean_Connery_James_Bond_From_Russia_With_Love_grey_suit.jpg
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 401
    I think Ewan McGregor could've done it
    ewan3.jpg

Indeed.

Ewan Mcgregor, Kevin Costner???, Robson Green?? These are the funniest suggestions I,ve ever heard. Fassbender,Cavill, Bale, Hardy on the other hand....
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Agent005 wrote:

Green's not a bad actor

Oh so you are joking then
  • Look at hiiiim...I mean...it's Bond, right there!

X-Men_First_Class_Michael_Fassbender_as_Erik_Lehnsherr_Magneto_in_Sean_Connery_James_Bond_From_Russia_With_Love_grey_suit.jpg

I'm actually not sold.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Bond doesn't wears Purple ties.
    How about pink ties?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    How about pink ties?
    Lmao!
    Since we seem to be breaking out the photos, here are my top three picks for Bond after Craig.

Luke Evans
    13663641_ori.jpg

Michael Fassbender
    x-men-first-class-photo-michael-fassbender4.jpg

Matthew Goode
    23_10_08-matthew-goode-3.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think Fassbender will be too popular by the tme Craig's done with the role.
    Luke Evans seems to be too young for Bond's role.