Bubble shows

Okay, with the new fall TV about a month in we can look at some of our favorites and decide whether on not it is time to drop a show or two off our viewing schedule. These are shows that may have flown off the rails to the point of insulting the viewers to shows that just "don't make us feel warm and fuzzy" anymore. Can do some summer shows as well that we will not be watching when they return.
My list
American Horror Story This gore fest has really devolved to cheap, and gross out thrills rather than the old fashioned gothic horror of the supreb first season. I gave up on Season 2 like four episodes in and got halfway thru Season 3. As for the new Season 4 "Freak Show" . I pass.

The Strain Now that this summer replacement show has ended and will be be back Next Summer, have to seriously reconsider. The Vampire Apocalypse seemed interesting in the beginning but near the end if seemed to devolve into just another run of the mill Zombie show (a genre I detest). It has some promise but the negatives may outweigh the plus so I'll see how I feel come June.

Nashville Started out pretty good with the rival between established country star Rayna and the new up and coming Diva, Julianne bur lately with all the screwing between characters that have zero chemistry, the act is wearing thin.

How to Get Away with Murder This Shondra Rhimes show that follows her two hits Greys Anatomy and Scandal is off to a bumpy start. So much of this show rubs me wrong. First I don't care for the young law students. I find all of them very annoying and I don't give a shytt what happens to any of them. Then there's the star, Viola Davis. Ms Davis is a supreb actress but she does not have the natural beauty of say Halle Berry or even Kerry Washington. The producers decision to dress her up in overly sexy outfits just does not jive with the actress. She is not a classic knockout so stop trying to turn her into one. Let her be herself and play to her strengths! The way she dresses in court is just very disgusting. The overly tight dresses, the excessive makeup, it just ain't working. They're trying to make her gorgeous and she comes off looking like a cross between Hattie Mc Danial from "Gone with the Wind" and Pennywise the Clown from "It".

Your thoughts?

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I have not seen any of these, but I had already heard that American Horror Story had gone downhill a good deal. So I think you have plenty in agreement with that, @OHMSS69.

Also, what about Homeland? With the huge change in storyline and the demise of one of the main characters, does anybody feel that it has changed too much? I'm reading rumblings about that, too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Have you seen the latest episode of HtGaWm? Viola literally strips off all that sexy camouflage just before confronting her husband. I think it's a good enough show and I agree, I think all the characters sans the lead student who played Dean Thomas in the Potter movies aren't likeable but given the way things are presented it's meant to be that way. Firstly they're law students with the key practise area being focused on criminal law which by default makes them a bunch of unscrupulous piranhas. Secondly, they're continuously being pitted against each other to come out on top, which in most cases forces them to massacre their moral compasses. So yeah, the majority of the characters are really detestable but the show has my interest for now.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 2,341
    @4EverBonded, yes it was a jolt when Homeland killed off a major character/antagonist/love interest but they may have felt that that Brody storyline was running out of steam and they decided to shake things up. The new direction of the show is interesting.
    I must say, I do not care for the way Carrie just dumps her infant on her sister. She is such a flawed character, maybe that is what makes the show so endearing.

Anyway, I continue to watch so this show is not on the bubble as far as I'm concerned.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'd like to give Homeland a try, maybe in a couple of months. Hopefully it will be good. I like Clare Danes a lot, and I'm happy she has been in a hit show (she's been in the business a long time now).