From Russia With Love….. Captain Nash tie in suitcase

I'm a member of an Alumni association in Manchester the Old Hulmeians Association, UK for a school called William Hulme. One of our members has spotted our Alumni association tie in From Russia With Love He says:

From Russia With Love, 1:24:17 into the film to be exact. I have seen the film before, but spotted this only recently when watching the film on high definition Blu-ray. The tie is the top most item in the famous attaché case that contains the tear gas cartridge, concealed knife and 50 gold sovereigns.

In the film, this particular attaché case belongs not to James Bond, but his MI6 colleague Captain Nash. It is most likely that a prop man was behind this, but Captain Nash was played by production manager William Hill, so that is another possibility.

i have a screen shot but can't work out how to post it i can email it if required. Our crest and tie can be seen herehttp://oldhulmeians.org/old-site/members/The Hulmeian/

Does anyone know how or why a Mancuian tie appears in the film?

Comments

• TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    An excellent find by your associate, I would say. No doubt someone here will post a screenshot from FRWL shortly. It would be interesting to know how it ended up in the film.
  • Here is the screenshot showing the Old Hulmeian's tie in captain Nash's attache case. My guess is that someone in the film's art department attended the school. Or that the tie had earlier found its way into the collection of props available to the art department.

IMDB shows the full credits of the film, including members of the art department: www.imdb.com/title/tt0057076/fullcredits

So aside from William Hill the production manger who played Nash, we're trying to find if any of the following attended the school:

Michael White (DOB 05/12/33)
    Roger Cain
    John Chisholm (DOB 08/05/35)
    Ron Quelch
    Alan Tomkins (DOB 1935)
    Ernie Farrer (costume department, DOB 1909).

I would say John Chisholm is the hottest candidate, being the "props" man.

oha_tie.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So you Illuminati guys in Manchester have special secret ties, eh? :-?
    How do I apply for membership?