Stingers

You'll say: "You've been absent from quite a long time, and when you come back you just make a post about a thing that does not exist in the Bond saga?" Well, yeah...

I've been spending some minutes looking for stingers (post-credits scenes) on my movie collection; and checking a specialized site, I remembered that the first time I saw AVTAK, I stayed for all the credits expecting Zorin to come out of the water. The camera zooming in onto the sea and Zorin smiling to Mortner... I was 15, it was my third film of the saga (after DAF and TMWTGG) and I got suspicious. But nothing came.

I think the closest a Bond film came to actually have a stinger was after the credits of TLD, that shot with the Martinis...

So I decided to ask you fellow Bond fans two questions: Have you ever stayed throughout the credits of a Bond film expecting - I mean, you were sure of it - a stinger? (I always do so whenever I go to the movies). And do you think stingers can add something to a future Bond movie?
I think they not beyond being a simple curiosity.

Let's see if this discussion works...

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Can't say I have, to be honest. Though I would have loved one after MR, just to see Jaws and Dolly 'survive' that ocean crash. ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2014 Posts: 17,804
    I clicked on this thinking it would be something to do with the Stinger missiles used by Sanchez in LTK! :))

But no, not something I've ever considered either - perhaps more suitable on a TV show than in a film where one excepts the end credits to be the actual end of the film. From that moment people start walking out in the cinema and although I stay as long as I possibly can it's not because I expect a stinger but I hope you see my point that only diehards like me (5% of the audience) wait to see the full end credits or at least most of it so a stinger would be missed by the majority of the audience and would therefore be completely pointless and would be a large breach with the audience, the TLD martini glasses aside (and those were from the days when end credits were not as long as the actual film that precede it unlike today!). ;)
    The MR thing would have been nice indeed, though I think most fans won't agree with us, DD 8-|

I get your point, Dragonpol. It's tough to sit through the credits, but for our minority
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Does Baron Samedi qualify? Sat on the train at the end of LALD breaking the fourth wall. I think the only thing I looked out for at the end of a Bond movie when i was young was...James Bond will return in...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Does Baron Samedi qualify? Sat on the train at the end of LALD breaking the fourth wall. I think the only thing I looked out for at the end of a Bond movie when i was young was...James Bond will return in...

Yes, I think that does qualify as a sort of stinger. For some reason that did not come immediately to mind when I read the OP.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, I think that does qualify as a sort of stinger. For some reason that did not come immediately to mind when I read the OP.

Quite near, yes.