Daniel Craig ties the knot with Rachel Weisz - Confirmed by their PR spokespeople

edited June 2011 in News Posts: 886
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2008223/Rachel-Weisz-secretly-marries-James-Bond-star-Daniel-Craig-undercover-ceremony.html

The name's Craig, Mrs Craig: Rachel Weisz 'secretly marries James Bond star Daniel Craig in undercover ceremony'

By Jody Thompson

They've done their level best to keep their relationship undercover since getting together last year - now apparently James Bond star Daniel Craig, 43, and girlfriend Rachel Weisz, 41, have tied the knot in secret.

Apparently, the pair got married on the quiet in New York State in front of just four people last Wednesday.

The guests were said to be Daniel's 18-year-old daughter Ella and Rachel's son Henry, four, plus two family friends who acted as witnesses.

The News Of The World reports a source as saying: 'Daniel and Rachel insisted on having a small, quiet wedding. They are madly in love and couldn't wait to be husband and wife - but they wanted minimum fuss.'

Daniel, 43, fell for 40-year-old Rachel on the set of new thriller Dream House last year and the News of the World exclusively revealed their romance after they spent Christmas together. Rachel's father George Weisz last night wished them both "continued joy".

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Well, if they did indeed get married then congratulations to the both of them! I feel sorry that some poor person decided to leak the information!
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 886
    Doubt whether there is a hotter couple alive that these two..what a stellar year for him.
    Tons of dosh, knicker stripper looks, four movies coming out (two of which are franchises), beginning B23 and now Rachel...

I hate him. :-<
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well done, Daniel! Congratulations to the married couple.
    What happened to that Mitchell dame? She's beautiful Weisz.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,630
    If this was true, Congrats on the newly married couple. Well done to both! :X

• LudsLuds MIA
    Congrats indeed, if that's true!
  • Signed, sealed and delivered.

http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-06-25/daniel-craig-and-rachel-weisz-secretly-married/

Did wedding bells just ring for James Bond star Daniel Craig and his girlfriend Rachel Weisz? According to Rachel’s rep, they sure did.

Rachel’s rep exclusively confirmed to Celebuzz that the couple have indeed married, but did not provide any other details.
    Well done to them both then! Hoefully they'll have many happy years together. Just enough time for a Honeymoon before work on Bond 23 begins for Craig. ;-)
    For some reason, I find this tremendously funny.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    A rep for Weisz confirms to PEOPLE that the actress has wed the James Bond actor.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20505712,00.html
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    What happened to that Mitchell dame? She's beautiful Weisz.
    Maybe because she doesn't smile?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Confirmed: Robin Baun of Slate PR, which represents Craig, said Saturday that the actor and Weisz have married. She did not offer any details.
    Well, I'm expecting a resurgence of the rumours that Weisz will be in BOND 23. And with talk of Javier Bardem appearing in the film, the natural extension of this is to have Penelope Cruz in there, too.
    Good for the two that they married. May they be happy together for the rest of their lives! What a hot couple indeed!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    How does this change the rumours of Rachel being in B23? If any?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Well, now that it's officially confirmed I think I should have believed those rumours they were together. :p

Congratulations to the couple!
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Bastard!

She told me she loved me!!

Well, maybe now Craig can convince her to be a Bond Girl.

After all, they are in Love, they are at the point in their relationship where they can't stand being apart from each other,

therefore, it's quite logical he would ask her to be a Bond Girl and she would want to be a Bond girl just to be near him while he is away filming Bond 23.
    After all, they are in Love, they are at the point in their relationship where they can't stand being apart from each other,

therefore, it's quite logical he would ask her to be a Bond Girl and she would want to be a Bond girl just to be near him while he is away filming Bond 23.
    Uh, what?

That doesn't make sense to me.
  • To be honest the chicken would not like the day of the triffids.

Now that doesn't make sense.

i wish the couple all the best and let's hope it spurs him on to better his performance for the next Bond movie now that he's a happy bunny.

Uh, what?

Me either. Daniel Craig doesn't have much say in who appears in the film. He can recommend certain actors to the producers or say yes or no when asked if he can work with someone, but he's not in a position to invite people into certain roles. That happy power rests with the producers.
    M won't like this!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    M won't like this!
    Just wait for Blofeld's guest "appearance" lol
    ....I didnt even know he was seeing her....she doesn't look his type...I would think more exotic....he is so worldly....but when it comes to love all bets are off.....
    Great news, and a big hearty congrats to both of them.
    ...I think in a way it has taken something from his mystic as James Bond....he almost was a real James Bond ...single.. handsome ...debonair...now he is married....whats sexy about that...probably she will get pregnant and he will become a father...it will be hard to visualize him as James Bond again......
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2011 Posts: 4,437
    So father like Son. With the difrance that his parents married, one thing Daniel Craig i share that our parents divorce at the age of 4/5. Rachel Weiz there son is 4 years old, i hope for the child Weiz stil be in talks with her ex boyfriend and not like Daniel Craig his own dad. You expect Daniel Craig knows what it mean.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended

Uh, what?

what part of it doesn't make sense to you?
    ...I think in a way it has taken something from his mystic as James Bond....he almost was a real James Bond ...single.. handsome ...debonair...now he is married....whats sexy about that...probably she will get pregnant and he will become a father...it will be hard to visualize him as James Bond again......
    Well, Craig could try to act in the films as if he were James Bond ;-) .
    edited June 2011 Posts: 13,350

Uh, what?

what part of it doesn't make sense to you?
    The part that because Craig and Weisz are now married he wants her to be Bond girl because he'll miss her whist filming. What makes you think that? I'm sure Craig is able to cope, if not he'll bring Weisz with him.

Anyway, as @shadowonthesun said "Daniel Craig doesn't have much say in who appears in the film. He can recommend certain actors to the producers or say yes or no when asked if he can work with someone, but he's not in a position to invite people into certain roles."
  • ...I think in a way it has taken something from his mystic as James Bond....he almost was a real James Bond ...single.. handsome ...debonair...now he is married....whats sexy about that...probably she will get pregnant and he will become a father...it will be hard to visualize him as James Bond again......
    But he's been a father already for the last 18 years. I can't see how that disqualifies him from acting in a role - the key word being ACTING. Also, he seems to often be in serious long-time relationships - not what most people think of as "single".

When I see Brosnan fly a plane or helicopter in a Bond film I don't think "Hey, he doesn't know how to fly in real life - therefore I can no longer accept him as Bond!". Really, the only actor to play Bond who was a bit of a Bondian playboy at the time of filming was Lazenby - but that doesn't mean that I'll no longer believe any of the other actors in the role.